Aditya L1 is next ISRO ( Indian Space research organization ) mission to study the behavior of sun and how space weather affect Earth environment with some other activities.
Table of Contents
Sun is the most essential star in our solar system or we can say that it is the power house of the solar system. So, it is necessary to study about the sun behaviour and how it’s effects on earth temperature, global warming, weather, environment etc etc.
With the couple of previous years earth is hitting by the heat waves of sun and it’s causing in increasing in temperature with upto 60°C upto 70°C in some areas.
Increasing in global warming causing the melting of big glacier of north pole and South pole which directly resulting in rapid growth of sea level.
Some of the metro cities which are situated on the coast of sea side will half submerged by the 2040.
Aditya L1 is a satellite which is made to study the outer atmosphere of sun.
Aditya is sanskrit means Sun. While L1 is refers to Lagrange point 1 of sun and earth system. L1 is a point where both planet gravitational force are in equilibrium it help a object to remain stable without getting in too contact of gravitational force of any planet.
L1 point is 1.5 million km away from earth. This mission will help in to observe the solar activities and it’s effect in real time.
The spacecraft will carry seven paylod to study about the photosphere, chromosphere and the outer layers of the sun with the help of electromagnetic and magnetic field detectors with some others equipment.
On L1 point four from the seven paylods directly view the the sun and remaining three paylods carry out in-situ studies of particles and fields at the L1 point.
The L1 point also help Aditya L1 to access solar radiation, heat waves, magnetic storms before they reached the sun and hit by earth magnetic field and atmosphere.
- How space weather works. In other words it’s origin, properties and composition.
- Development,dynamics and origin of CMEs.
- To identify the sequence of processes that happened on the multiple layers of sun which after causes solar eruptive events.
- Topology of magnetic field and it’s measurement in the solar corona
- Diagnostics of the coronal and it’s loops plasma. ( temperature, velocity, density)
- To study of chromospheric and coronal heating, physics of partially ionized plasma.
- To observe the in-situ particle and plasma environment providing data for the study of particle dynamics from the sun.
- Heating mechanism of solar corona and it’s physics.
Fun fact – Sun is a perfect sphere which account for 99.86% of the mass in solar system and it could fit 1, 00,000 earth inside it.
Aditya L1 Payloads
The installation of instruments of Aditya L1 are managed to observe and study of solar atmosphere and it’s properties, chromosphere and corona.
In-situ instruments will observe the environment where the Aditya L1 was situated at L1 point. With the help of seven paylods in which four are remote sensing of sun and other three will carry in-situ observation.
The 7 paylods are :
First four remote sensing paylods are :
1. Visible emission line coronagraph (VELC) – It has the capability of corona imaging and spectroscopy.
2. Solar ultraviolet imaging telescope ( SUIT) – photosphare and chromosphere imaging narrow broadband.
3. Solar low energy x-ray spectrometer (SoLEXS) – Soft X-RAY spectrometer: sun-as-a-star observation.
4. High energy L1 orbiting x-ray spectrometer (HEL1OS) – Hard x-ray spectrometer sun-as-a-star observation. In-situ payloads.
5. Aditya solar wind particle experiment (ASPEX) – Solar wind analyzer protons and heavier ions with direction.
6. Plasma analyser package for Aditya (PAPA) – solar wind analyser electrons and heavier ions with direction.
7. Advanced try axial high resolution digital magnetometers – In-situ magnetic field.
The sun is 150.95 million km ( 93 million miles ) away from earth but we’ve seen how its energy affect our solar system especially our planet earth .It is the biggest planet of our solar system hence there is a lot to study about the sun like it’s origin how old sun is etc etc. Sun provide energy to our solar system through his sunlight 🌞 .
Things which have advantages also have some disadvantage. Hence we’ve seen global warming and heat waves of sun from many years but from some previous years it has crossed the record of heating thus to avoid this such things and to minimize the impact of heat waves and to reduced the global warming this mission carried out to study and take prevention from next time.